Specifically, it has information on:
- What Is Justice Court?
- Are There Alternatives to Justice Court?
- Who Can Sue in Justice Court?
- What Type Of Case Can Be Brought in Justice Court?
- Is Justice Court Right for You?
- Whom can you sue?
- Should you check with a lawyer?
- Have you waited too long to file suit?
- How do you file a suit?
- What if you are sued?
- What happens at the trial?
- How do you prepare for your case?
- What if I am unhappy with the decision?
- What do I do after I win?
Click the link below for the full publication.
What is the maximum amount of money you can be awarded in Justice Court?
*Note that effective September 1, 2020, the maximum amount of money that you can get in damages in small claims has increased to $20,000 from $10,000. Learn more from this Texas Justice Court Training Center video, and read Texas Rules of part 5.