hide my visit

Venue Transfer Forms (Civil Cases)

This page contains links to toolkits that can guide you through applying to transfer a civil case to another county. Each toolkit contains information, instructions, and forms you can use.

Note: These toolkits and forms only apply to general civil cases (not family law or justice court cases). 

Motion to Transfer Venue

A motion to transfer tells the judge that you want your civil, non-family case moved to a court in a different county. Click the link ABOVE for information, instructions, and the FORMS.

This toolkit includes:

  • Checklists that explain the steps in a asking the court to transfer your case to another county
  • Forms for both agreed and contested (non-agreed) motions to transfer
  • Frequently Asked Questions about transferring civil cases
  • Articles on topics related to motions to transfer